MyHUB – an one-stop-shop on inclusion practices, tools, resources and methods for the pedagogical staff at formal and non-formal educational institutions
Start date: 31 January 2019
End date: 30 January 2022
- Latvijas Universitate, Latvia
- G.M Eurocy Innovations Ltd, Cyprus
- Phoenixkm Bvba, Belgium
- Marie Curie Association – Mca, Bulgaria
- Sofiiski Universitet Sveti Kliment Ohridski, Bulgaria
Aims and objectives
- To integrate awareness about inclusive education into educational institutions’ regular professional development activities (at cross-sectoral level & including formal and non-formal educational institutions)
- To improve knowledge, skills (including advocacy skills) and competences of the pedagogical staff (in Latvia, Bulgaria, Austria) towards implementation of inclusive learning practices based on the know-how provided from experienced countries such as Belgium and Cyprus.
- To improve the abilities of the pedagogical staff towards assessment of abilities and identification of needs of each student with disability.
- To improve the existing teaching methods by upscaling of best practices in inclusive learning implementation of already existing and measured as successful tools, resources and methods.
- To provide pedagogical staff with guidance on development of annual plans for inclusive education implementation including the creation of individual educational plans.
- To mobilize out-of-school’s children with disabilities to attend mainstream education through organization of dedicated seminars with students with disabilities and their families.
- To create a sustainable cooperation and networking between the educational institutions, non-governmental sector and the decision/policy-making sector on municipal and governmental level in the participating countries.
- To make prompt recommendations towards decision-makers in terms of further development of governmental program and strategy for inclusive education implementation based on the impact results shown during the upscaling and implementation phase of the project.
- To support the improvement of the quality and efficiency of education, training, enhancing creativity and innovation of the schools’ staff to achieve modernization of the preschool and schools’ pedagogy as creative, attractive and efficient learning.
- To promote the universal design of learning as type of learning/training approach will support the achievement of the ultimate goal of increasing social cohesion and integration of children with learning difficulties in the education, to reduce the option to leave the education system early and therefore to equip them to achieved future access towards vocational education (VET), Higher education and/or employment.
- To enable the enhancement and sustainability of the knowledge, skills and competences of the pedagogical staff on cross-sectoral level – from early childhood, through school education, VET, Higher education and adults education through provisions of one-stop-shop online hub with already developed and approbated best practice examples, resources, tools, methods and experiences towards achievement of an inclusive learning practice on European level.
- To create a Pan-European learning community (represented by the project partners) among different actors – educational institutions, formal and non-formal learning providers, public authorities, NGOs). In that case we will achieve a scaling up of good practices on inclusive learning and their cross-educational transfer and exploitation.
- Direct target groups:
- Pedagogical staff at early childhood and schools: teachers, trainers, head teachers, principals, headmasters, resource tutors
- Social and youth workers
- Non-governmental organizations
- Educational planners / Policy makers – local educational authorities, municipality departments on inclusive education policies, dedicated departments at Ministry of education and science, Ministry of youth and sports etc.
- Students with disabilities
- Non-disabled students
- Families (Family members of students with disabilities)
- Wizard-style driven and semantically supported logical framework for systematization/categorization of inclusive learning resources, methods, tools and mechanisms in five sectors: early childhood, primary & secondary school, VET, HE, Adults education
- European inclusive learning hub containing inclusive searchable/usable learning resources, methods, tools and mechanisms already tested, approbated and deployed in a single countries
- Handbook “How to strengthen the implementation of the inclusive education at mainstream schools?”
- Case studies from implementers – pedagogical staff who used the inclusive learning resources
- Dissemination promotional materials aiming to support the upscaling process