MAINCLUSION – Martial Arts as tool towards Inclusion
Start date: 01 September 2017
Duration: 24 months
- Marie Curie Association – MCA, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Yamato Sport Club, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
- “Paisii Hilendarski” School, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- European WingTsun Organisation, Bulgaria
- Phoenixkm BVBA, Kortemark, Belgium
- Penthesileia, Athens, Greece
- Inonu Universitesi, Sport Department, Malatya, Turkey
Aims and objectives
- Training provision to physical activity teachers in schools in remote/rural areas as well as those that have a lot of socially disadvantaged pupils to introduce Martial Arts to stimulate the inclusion of socially disadvantaged youth, regardless of age, race, gender or ability.
- Awareness rising in order to enable Martial Arts to become a lever to strengthen self confidence, control violence and strengthen community aspects.
- Organization of series of Martial Arts trainings of people with special needs including both physical disabilities and learning / mental disabilities (Cerebral Palsy, Deafness, Visual Impairment, Amputees, Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, Dyspraxia, ADHD and other learning difficulties).
- Case studies (audio, video, text)
- MAINCLUSION curriculum and “Train the trainers” handbook
- Online/Mobile course/training material
- Online peer support and training portal platform
- Set of interactive training videos
- Mobile training app with individual learning path