ECOCOM – Encouraging students to pursue grassroot sports activities outdoor in an Eco-friendly manner
Start date: 1 January 2020
Duration: 36 months
- Gazi University, Turkey
- Marie Curie Association – MCA, Bulgaria
- Zavod Antona Martina Slomska Maribor, Slovenia
- Ministry of Education, Turkey
- Directorate of secondary education of Thessaly, Greece
Aims and objectives
- To raise the number of young people who pursue sports activities outdoors (such as archery, athletics, badminton, basketball, canoe / kayak, curling, cycling, football, golf, handball, shooting, skating, skiing, table tennis, volleyball, motorcycle racing, mountaineering and climbing, orienteering, roller sports, sport climbing, squash etc.) in an eco-friendly manner.
- To raise the knowledge in terms of differentiation between types of sport and sports equipment as well as motives and reasons to use of areas hitherto unused or seldom used and areas already in use being opened up for new eco-purposes.
- To increase the individual, spontaneous activities without proper training through building up non-formal youth communities, aiming to implement sports in an ecological manner, and preventing the environment being damaged (trash, etc.).
- To promote and further develop forms of sport which are compatible with nature and the environment.
- To make sports-related infrastructure more environmentally compatible.
- To reduce damage to vulnerable areas.
- To secure and improve opportunities for sports and physical activities outside vulnerable areas.
- sport youth leaders and workers that are organizing sports activities
- current active sports / physical education teachers/trainers
- students/youngsters (aged between 7 and 16)
- all citizens in the society